Before you start writing your essay, it is important that you plan it. Below is an example of what an essay plan should look like (including explanations and tips), and how much detail it should contain. You can use this as a guide for your essay plans.
Click Here to Download a Free Essay Template
Essay Question: Was the Russian Revolution a genuine revolution or was it a coup?
Word Limit: 2,000 words
Introduction (10% of word limit): 200 words
Introductions should never be longer than 500 words, so this 10% guide only applies to essays shorter than 5,000 words.
To be considered an Introduction, an Introduction must do two things:
Answer the question – It was a genuine revolution.
This must be done first. An Introduction must answer the question. This is how you put forward a strong argument.
List the evidence your essay will put forward to prove your answer – This can be seen through an examination of the sections of society which supported the revolution. workers, peasants, soldiers, national minorities. Any major topic or subject that you plan to discuss in your essay must be introduced in the Introduction.
Body of the Essay: 400 words each
How long you spend writing about each subject should reflect the importance of each subject. If all four topics are of equal importance, write roughly the same amount of words on each. If a topic is more important, write about it first and write more words on it. If a topic is less important, write about it last and write fewer words on it.
Topic 1: workers
Topic 2: peasants
Topic 3: soldiers
Topic 4: national minorities
Conclusion (10% of word limit): 200 words
Conclusions should never be longer than 500 words, so this 10% guide only applies to essays shorter than 5,000 words.
To be considered a Conclusion, a Conclusion must do two things:
Answer the essay question again (using different words than in the Introduction, don’t repeat yourself exactly) – It was a genuine revolution.
Recap (repeat, summaries) all the evidence you have given to prove your answer during your essay– workers, peasants, soldiers, national minorities
A conclusion must not contain any new information, you are only summarising what you have already written.
Click Here to Download a Free Essay Template
Having a hard time starting your essay plan? We got you covered. The secret to writing a comprehensive and coherent essay is by coming up with a well-structured essay plan. An essay plan allows you to build your essay one idea at a time. Essay plan templates and outline templates showcase what are some of creative and appropriate sections in your essay.
That is why our essay plan templates will fuel both your creative and intellectual appetite. They will help you write an essay with utmost coherence and substance. Feel free to read and checkout the set of templates.
Modern History Essay Plan Template
Argumentative Essay Planning Sheet
Law Essay Plan
Short Course Essay Plan
Academic Essay Plan
College Essay Plan
What Essay Plan Templates Are in Store for You?
Planning is not just crucial in terms of writing simple business plan template and personal development plan templates. Essays are also good subject matters in applying the right planning techniques.
- Argumentative Essay Planning Sheet Template – In writing an argumentative essay, the challenge lies on how you structure the flow of your arguments. Bear in mind that you can’t just merely enumerate your arguments but to lay them out in a logical and systematic manner. By using these template, you can breakdown your arguments into sections with their supporting details.
- Academic Essay Plan Template – This template is a guide in writing an effective essay plan. This will help you know the basic elements of an essay plan and how to effectively convey and write your ideas in the most comprehensible and coherent way. There are also sample thesis statements that you may refer to.
- Discursive Essay Plan Template – This template provides you with suggestions and outline on how to write an essay plan for three different types of discursive essays namely the for and against essays, opinion essays, and essays suggesting solutions to problems. The respective plan templates provide you with writing tips in terms of structure and content.
- Persuasive Plan Template – Persuasive essays can be tricky. Your essay must be convincing enough to persuade your readers to take your side. You need to effectively introduce the issue, clearly state your position, and write your supporting evidences.
Discursive Essay Plan
Persuasive Essay Plan
How to Effectively Map Out Your Essay Plan?
Essay plan templates can help you effectively map out your essay plan. In structuring your essay you need to consider your target readers’ preferences, the nature of the topic you’re assigned or planning to write, the type of essay it requires, and the your sources. Here are some tips for you to consider.
- Come up with a comprehensive and engaging thesis statement. You thesis statement presents the why’s and importance of your essay. It will be the heart of your essay. Your thesis statement will project the scope and limits of your the write-up. As per content, thesis statements are not necessarily long. As much as possible be concise and succinct.
- Provide topic sentences for each paragraph. This is done so as to guide the flow of your sentences. The topic sentence will is either your idea or argument. After that, substantiate your claims by providing your evidences.
- Make a sound conclusion. You also need to plan the structure of your conclusion. You should plan how you’ll manage to reiterate the important points and adding a strong closing sentences or notes to your reader’s in a creative and professional way. Like writing a strategic plan template, essay plan also provides key writing strategies and methods.
You may also like
Research Outline Template – 10+ Free Sample, Example, Format ...
9+ Outline Examples Download in Word, PDF Free & Premium ...
7+ Blank Outline Templates – Free Word, PDF Documents ...
Autobiography Outline Template – 8+ Free Sample, Example ...
Expository Essay Template - 9+ Free Word, PDF Documents ...
Lesson Plan Outline Template – 12+ Free Sample, Example, Format ...
Proposal Outline Template – 9+ Free Free Word, PDF Format ...
29+ Outline Templates in PDF
28 Outline Templates in Word
Personal Essay Template - 9+ Free Word, PDF Documents ...
Outline Template – 78+ Free Word, PDF, PSD, PPT Format ...
Extended Essay Template - 7+ Free Samples, Examples, Format ...